WSQ Supervise Construction Work for WSH (WP02-PR303E-1)
(Formerly BCSS – Building Construction Supervisor Safety Course)
The Supervise Construction Work for WSH (BCSS) is a compulsory training course for construction workers who are assigned to the role of a supervisor in the construction industry.
This Competency Unit specifies the knowledge skills and attitudes required of a Building Construction Supervisor to oversee or supervise any work or process carried out in a worksite safely and without any risk to health.
After the migration to the WSQ system, the new title for this course is:
Supervise Construction Work in Workplace Safety and Health (SCWWSH)
Course Fees: S$300 (before SSGfunding)
Duration: 28 learning hours + 4 hours exam( 4 days-9am to 6pm)
Assessment: 4 hours written exam.
Regulation 9 of the Workplace Safety And Health (Construction)Regulations states that:
(2) It shall be the duty of —
(a) the employer of any person who carries out oversight or supervisory work in a worksite; or
(b) the principal under whose direction any person carries out oversight or supervisory work in a worksite, to ensure that the person does not oversee or supervise any work (including any process) in the worksite unless the person has received adequate safety and health training to ensure that the work which the person oversees or supervises can be carried out safely.
- Explain and interpret salient WSH legislations and other requirements
relevant to construction industry
- Describe the WSH duties and responsibilities of a supervisor in
- Assist in safety and health planning and organisation at worksite
- Identify WSH hazards, evaluate and control risks in construction
industry in accordance with risk management process
- Carry out WSH inspections in accordance with organisational
- Conduct incident investigation and prepare report in accordance with
legal requirements and other organisational requirements
Apply for training incentives at Skills Connect and SkillsfutureCLICK HERE TO REGISTER